Hello & Welcome....
#55 Geometric Shapes
The new challenge starts today for Team B at Moving Along With The Times (MAWTT) and
Jan S is our host. Jan has chosen geometric shapes and she has said.... "I looked it up on Google which states that "a geometric shape is anything that when rotated, still remains the same", may be a good one for mens' cards, but I'll leave it entirely up to you"
This is my contribution to Team B....
- I started with a piece of A4 sherbet coloured card stock, scored it in half portrait style and placed my die so the the top of it was a fraction above the score line as I wanted it to be a top folding card
- I then used a craft knife to cut the middle out of the card but to also leave a narrow border as shown above
- I added adhesive around the outer and inner frame and sprinkled glitter jewels on them
- A Memory Box Die was used to die cut the white decorative swirl and black gems were added to the flower centres
- I stamped the 'Just Because' sentiment with a black onyx ink pad and covered it with a clear embossing powder and heat set it
- The sentiment on the card front was also stamped using the same ink pad and stamped onto acetate and die cut with a tag die. I also die cut a backing on sherbet card using the same tag die then adhered both together then onto the card front. I followed the curved line of the tag and adhered small white pearls down the curved side
- Sherbet Foundation Card ~ Creative Expressions (CE)
- Glitter Jewels ~ CE
- Floral Circle Die ~ Memory Box
- Card Shaped Die ~ unknown, my stash
- Just Because Sentiment ~ unknown
- Main sentiment ~ ?freebie stamp
- Black Onyx Ink Pad ~ Versafine
- Clear Embossing Powder ~ WOW
- Tag Die ~ CE
- White Pearls ~ CE
- Platinum Die Cutting Machine ~ Spellbinders
If you click on the link at the beginning of this post it will take you to MAWTT where you'll see the fabulous cards made by Team B and you just may want to enter your card in the challenge
Until tomorrow's Festive Friday....