Hello and thanks for stopping by....
Today's card was given to one of my closet friends for her birthday last week.
We've been friends since the first day at school, some 61 years! She actually married an ex-boyfriend of mine.... and we're still friends LOL
The card is a 20cm square (8") ivory card with a black panel card stock added to the base card. A slightly smaller ivory panel was embossed and adhered to the black card then onto the card base
The centre die piece (one of my all time favourites) was die cut and embossed in ivory and black card, the black used to give a shadow
I stamped the sentiment onto more ivory card, die cut it and added fun foam to the back for a little dimension
On butterfly, in black card, was die cut and embossed and adhered to the card and 5 small black gems glued onto its spine
Two stamps were used for the verse
The 'Happy Birthday' stamp is, in my opinion, a fabulous stamp to use with a gorgeous font
I think the verse is very beautiful too. This stamp set is available from 'The Ducks Doodahs' on-line store, there is a link to it on the right side of my blog. The products are extremely affordable
I had already written inside the card when I realised I'd not taken the photo!
The only decoration on the envelope, this time, was the 'Birthday Mail' stamp
- Ivory card ~ Crafter's Companion
- Black card ~ Creative Expressions
- Embossing Folder ~ Crafter's Companion
- Mystical Embrace Die Set ~ Spellbinders
- Les Papillions Butterfly Die Set (one of 4 butterflies in the set) ~ Spellbinders
- Happy Birthday and Birthday Mail Stamps ~ Creative Expressions
- Birthday sentiment stamp ~ KaiserCraft, available from 'The Ducks Doodahs' on-line store
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink ~ Tsukineko
- Platinum Die Cutting Machine ~ Spellbinders